Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Buttermilk Waffles

I love Waffles. I may have told you that before. My Husband also loves waffles. Yesterday for dinner we had Waffles, Bacon and Eggs. I really had wanted this for breakfast, but things do not always work out that way. So, waffles for dinner. Maple syrup is even better at dinner.


I tried this recipe once before not using all the correct ingredients and it was mediocre. I was so disappointed. The recipe calls for Buttermilk powder, it HAS to be used. I had to search several grocery stores. It is hard to find, but when I did, I grab it off the shelf and purchased it. As always, recipes from America's Test Kitchen are fabulous and turn out perfect. If you follow the recipe correctly. These waffles were amazing.

Buttermilk Waffles
America's Test Kitchen
Ingredients
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk powder
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups club soda

Directions
Plug in the waffle iron. If you have sticking problems, spray iron with non-cook spray.  
Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add all liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix. There may be a few lumps, that is OK. Pour into heated waffle iron. Cook and Presto, perfect waffles. 


This is the container for Buttermilk powder. It was in the Baking aisle at the grocery store.


It is hard to pour and take pictures. Just do not over fill, the batter will ooze out all over


The syrup was dripping off the Waffles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment