Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gooey Pumpkin Bars

Holy Fall... where did my Summer go.... started on Wednesday the 24th.

This blog was going to be finished on Thursday, but that did not happened. I took Friday as a vacation day, to get some stuff and go boating with my husband. I ran and went to yoga, got just a few things done. We did go boating, it was about 83 degrees and just beautiful. We had an absolutely wonderful day.


This is my cocktail on the back end of the boat. 
I did  not go into the water and neither did the cocktail,
To cold for me, but the sun felt fabulous
My Coconut Ginger Fizz
Makes 2 drinks
2 shots of coconut vodka
1 bottle of Sobe Coconut Life water
1 can of Schweppes Diet Ginger Ale
ice.
Add all ingredients together, stir, and pour over ice into 2 nice size glasses. 
The Only calories are from the Vodka. Light and Refreshing. 
The perfect summer - Early fall drink

I made I pan of  these pumpkin bars for 2 events. This base is similar to a prior blog (12/13/13 ).This is an easy recipe, any novice baker can whip these up. You could cut this recipe in half if you wanted to. I made the full pan, and everyone devoured them. The first tastes of Fall are always the funnest. 


I pulled out one of my Fall dishes. 
Always trying to improve my photo skills. 
There is room for loads of improvement

Gooey Pumpkin Bars
modified from pickypalate.com
Ingredients
1 box Yellow cake mix
2 large eggs
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, solftened
15 ounce can pumpkin puree
8 ounces marshmallow creme
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.

Place cake mix, eggs, butter into large bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix until well combined. This will be like thick cookie dough. Place dough into pan. Spray your hands with cooking spray and smash down the dough. Cover the entire bottom of the pan.

Place pumpkin puree, marshmallow creme, and condensed milk into mixing bowl. Blend until fully incorporated. Pour over the entire crust. Gently drop the cinnamon chips all over the pumpkin mixture. Then place the pecans over the chips. Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. Center will be somewhat soft, but will set up while it cools

Let cool completely and serve. EAT up my Fall Friends


There is 1 egg not photographed.
It went all rogue on me and ended up on the floor. Augh.


I love Cinnamon chips. . I could really eat the whole bag.
I would allow myself one at a time. Otherwise, I would have 
needed another bag... I keep my chips in the freezer,
they really last a long time in there. Cost effective


The cake, 2 eggs and softened butter


The pumpkin batter and then the cinnamon chips
There are small lumps of marshmallow creme throughout


Chopped pecans and ready for the oven


Baked for 55 minutes.
These are deep size pieces. If you went with a
10x14 pan. I would think 45 minutes would be enough time


Delicious and heavenly pieces of Fall goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment