Thursday, May 21, 2015

Banana Crumb Cake

Holy Crap, I decided to go back to writing and here I am again today. I am glad I got my head out of my butt and started moving forward.

TODAY is the THREE Year BLOG anniversary. I really think this is what completely motivated me to start writing again. I was trying to decide what I was going to do with this site. There is so much I have to say. AND all of you are such a wonderful audience.


I had no 3 candles. Unbelievable..
I made cupcakes for a customer on Tuesday, and did not photograph with candles
I could have done something there.. oh well.. 

Last month I came across this recipe. I had bought a crate of single bananas and this recipe was perfect. We had overloaded on different smoothies, but these bananas were ready for baking. 

This recipe is a dairy free recipe. If you do not have Soy or Almond Milk, use regular milk.
The recipe called for a 10" springform pan or a 9x13 pan, I used a 10" square pan with foil. Whatever floats your boat. With the 9x13 pan, you can cut more pieces.
There is also Coconut Oil in the recipe. Oh had I forgotten how much I love coconut oil. 
Please do not skip the crumb topping. It really sets the cake apart from being basic. I think it made it delicious. If you do not like pecans, please omit. I LOVE nuts, so a few extra for me to munch on.


Banana Crumb Cake
adapted from bakerita.com
Ingredients
For the CAKE
2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup soy or almond milk

For the CRUMB Topping
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup chopped pecans (Optional)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If using a spring form pan, spray your pan with cooking oil and set aside. If you are using a square pan or 9x13 pan, Layer with tin foil, edges overhang, and spray with cooking oil.

In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mash the bananas until smooth. Add coconut oil and beat until combined with no lumps, and then add the sugars, eggs, milk and vanilla extract and continue mixing.

Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix together. 

Pour banana cake mixture into your prepared pan. 

In the same bowl, prepare the crumb mixture. Combine in all ingredients and slightly incorporate for course crumbs. DO NOT over mix or you will just have a glob. 

Top the cake with the crumb mixture. Place in oven and bake. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 50 minutes. Transfer the spring form pan to a wire rack and let cool for about 15 minutes. And then remove sides. Or let the cake cool for at least an hour


2 ripe bananas and 1 very dark banana


I am bake cooking and baking with Coconut oil. Yummy


Mixing all the batter. 


It is a full pan. That is why a 9 x 13 pan will also work


The crumb topping. Rough Chucks, do not over mix


Ready for the oven


Out of the oven, cooling and we are patiently waiting to taste


Oh my.... this is an all year round cake.
Perfect for party, or just with lunch.
Fabulous flavors the melded together. 
ENJOY.




No comments:

Post a Comment