Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Bread with Chocolate Chips

Since we are still experiencing our 80 degree weather and low humidity, I decided to make Banana Bread. I love Banana Bread. I probably have 50 or more recipes for Banana Bread. I have made it so many different ways. I could not even tell you my favorite way. My Mother tells me she has made it the same way forever.... NOT me. I had these ugly bananas in the back of my refrigerator for the last two weeks or so just waiting to be mixed into something.


I found this recipe yesterday on Pinterest. I pinned to my board and printed the recipe. It is Fabulous. My Husband loves it when I bake, but I am wrecking his diet. On Thursday we are suppose to hit 100 degrees. There will be no more bread baking then.

I usually do not like breads with several different tastes in them. I want to sauver the main ingredient. But this combination of bananas, peanut butter and chocolate can solve any problem. This bread came together quickly and cut very nicely. You can eat it anytime.

This recipe seemed absolutely perfect, but I made a few modifications. It called for chunky peanut butter, I had smooth. Instead of Canola oil, I used a Vanilla olive oil. I love flavored olive oils. They add a layer of flavor. I added a 1/4 cup of chopped roasted peanuts at the end for some crunch. The recipe called for mini chocolate chips, which would be fabulous, but I did not have any so I used regular.

Banana Peanut Butter Bread with Chocolate Chips
slightly adapted from fgscatering.com

Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
6 tablespoons white sugar
6 tablespoons brown sugar - packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 medium very ripe bananas
1/3 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunky)
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons vanilla olive oil or canola oil
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (mini or regular)
1/4 cups chopped roasted peanuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Into an electric mixer, mix bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and oil until well combined. Fold in flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain. Then gently fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.



Scrape batter into loaf pan

















Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick come out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan.

















After the bread has cooled, invert and place on plate.


This would even taste good with ice cream......




No comments:

Post a Comment