Friday, June 1, 2012

Cinnadoodles

Yesterday, I came across this wonderful recipe for Cinnadoodles. I scanned the recipes, and since I had Cinnamon Chips,  it was a go. These cookies are FABulous. My family sample many cookies and thought they tasted delicious. I did not alter the recipe at all. I have always liked the blog twopeasandtheirpod.com. Check them out.

Cinnamon chips are hard to find in the store. I have used both gourmet chips from specialty shops and Hersheys Cinnamon Chips. Hersheys chips need to be order online. I have used Amazon.com. I feel that Hersheys add the right amount of flavor. A light cookie packed full of flavor. Perfect anytime of day!

Cinnadoodles
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod and Martha Stewart's Cookie
Makes 48 cookies

2 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
1 cup (2sticks) softened unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
5 oz cinnamon chips

3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon

1. Preheat over to 350F. Sift together in a medium bowl, flour, baking powder and salt. set aside. Place butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fuffy, about 3 minutes.
Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low, gradually mix in flour mixture. Add in cinnamon chips.



2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl .
    I placed on a small plate


Shape dough into round balls. I used my Tablespoon cookie scoop. Roll in the cinnamon
sugar. Space 3 inches apart on Baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.



3. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are barely golden. I baked them for 10 minutes. The recipe states for 12 to 14 minutes. Do not overbake Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two. Then  transfer to a cooling rack.





Cinnadoodles ~ delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment