Monday, July 23, 2012

Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip & Pretzel Cookies

Last week as I want hunting around Foodgawker.com, looking for something for dinner, I can across this wonderful cookie recipe. All of my favorites, Chocolate chips, peanut butter and pretzels. Ohhh what a heavenly combination of chocolate, sweet and salty. And my love for good cookie dough.  OMG, I could just sit and eat the whole bowl. Just a few nibbles. You have to taste what you make.

Today is my youngest sister's boyfriends Birthday. He is a Cookie Monster to the MAX. He could eat a whole batch of cookies and NOT gain an ounce. He is so wonderful to my sister, so I made him cookies. I know he likes Chocolate Chips, I was not sure about Peanut Butter, but I think all will be good.  My oven had been out of working order for over a week. But it was finally fixed on Saturday. It is still so freaking HOT here, almost to Hot for a batch of cookies. I do not believe it will ever rain again. (YES, we still watering and have green grass)


I love cookies. My Mom always made cookies for us when we were kids. She would make batches of cookies and freeze them. I believe are favorites were always Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookies. AND, that is what I made these and added a Cup of Pretzels.

These cookies came together easily. I really like the texture of these cookies. They were not heavy like a regular Peanut Butter cookie. They had a bit shortbread crumble to them.

Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip and Pretzel Cookies
followed from Stoplookingetcookin.com

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup chopped pretzels

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter together until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until smooth.  Add the egg and mix until just combined. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.
Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and pretzels.
Drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies are barely brown on the bottem edges.
Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely



I love using my cookie scoop. My Mom bought it for me for Christmas one year AFTER I had made several batches of Christmas cookies. Your cookies again look the same, and cook the same. I also love my Silpats. A great investment. Your cookies never stick.


These are such a great cookie. They would be great warm with a bowl of Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Why do I give my cookies away??


My Husband gave me the Seal of Appoval. Fabulous as always. Another cookie to add to the List.


No comments:

Post a Comment