Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coconut Pecan Sandies

I realized in my last post, I swore I was not making anymore cookies. I am so weak. My Husband is still faithfully doing Insanity. There have been changes. He is less loose in the cage (firming up) and he is losing some inches and weight. After two weeks, there are some results. I have been doing some Insanity and still running outside. This week, it is very cold here. Today, it is in the single digits, so hard core Insanity for me. There are no results for me. It is a bit easier, I am getting coordinated, so those are my results.

After a two week delay, my Mom is in FLA. The weather is in the 70's. My Mom and sister went for a walk on the beach yesterday. They were searching for shells. I love looking for shells. During my years of shell collecting, I have found so many cool shells. This picture is a very small portion of my collection.


I decided to make Coconut Pecan Sandies. They slightly resemble a sand dollar. I thought that Florida needed a few cookies. They are probably not missing me, but I am missing them. The cookie's texture was soft and gritty just like a sandy shell. I ran the coconut and toasted pecans through the food processor. Small specs of intense flavor made this cookie delicious.


They are the perfect size. Just a basic butter cookie with loads of punch.

Coconut Pecan Sandies

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans, toasted, cooled and finely chopped
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut finely chopped

Directions
In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy. For two minutes. Add milk and vanilla extract and mix.

Slowly add in flour, salt, cinnamon. Mix until just incorporated. Add in the finely chopped toasted pecans and minced coconut.  


Place dough in a container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with your Silpat or parchment paper. Scoop you dough with your cookie scoop or a teaspoon. Smash down dough balls with a wet glass. I actually used a wine glass.(that was available) All my cookies were that size of the rim of the glass. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes, until lightly browned edges. Cool in pan for 5 minutes and move to a cooling rack. Place in a airtight container or just eat. Recipe make approximately 37-38 cookies.


These cookies are on there way to Florida. I hope they enjoy then as much a I did.






No comments:

Post a Comment