Thursday, July 3, 2014

OREO pudding cookies

My husband sometimes ask me why I buy Oreo's. I still love them, and know they come in an assortment of flavors. My Florida sister will say that Grandma's cookies are the best, but I do love an Oreo once in awhile. It is not wrong

This Marshmallow crispy was a very good flavor


Lemon was delightful. I actually used them for a lemon cheesecake bar.
I did eat the apple and orange. They both went into a drink

SO, when I can across this recipe for a Oreo pudding cookie, I was all in. This was a quick cookie to whip up. It is also not a large batch.  22 cookies or so. Great for a group of people. Use Plain old Oreo's.This batter does not spread at all. This cookie needs to be smushed down after baking. When I pull them out of the oven, I immediately take the back of the spatula and smash down. I then let cool in the pan to set up. 


A nice soft cookie with a great flavor

Oreo Pudding Cookies
adapted from Amyshealthybaking.com
Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick) MELTED and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 oz (4 servings) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 Oreo's roughly chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.

In a separate mixing bowl, add butter and brown sugar together. Mix until creamy. Add eggs, one at time and mix. Add vanilla extract. Mix in pudding mix until blended. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just incorporated. Fold in by hand the Oreo cookie pieces.

Drop cookie dough on prepared sheet pans. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove when done, smash down with back of flat spatula and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then move to a wire rack.


Firm but not hard cookie dough


Lovely perfect circles baking away


Removed from the oven and flattened. Still cooling


Waaa Laaa.. bits of Oreos in all bits. Yummy.
My friends just loved these cookies.
A huge combo factor, eating Oreos in homemade cookies
Kind of like the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment