Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Green Cleanse

Holy cow thunder and lightening. From 1:00 am on last night, we have been up. Windy and Rainy like you cannot believe. If you ever wondered about Chicagoland weather, just live here for awhile. HIGHLY unpredictable and forever changing. As I made this delicious beverage, I watch it just pour outside. There is no running for me today. I would be hanging out in the basement with Shaun T doing some type of Insanity workout. Over the winter, I have not lost any weight, (depressing) but I have lost inches. My jeans still fit. I can actually do several big girl push-ups, (NO Knees) and jumps. My feet will leave the ground. I am grateful to have ran 4 days this week. That is the most since last November. WOW. Yoga is still a large part of my fitness routine. I have spread myself out to three different Yoga studios. Different teachers, techniques, and philosophy's. I keeps me from getting bored and betters my mind.

So why am I selling this drink as a Spring Green Cleanse. Well, it is green and it SO reminds me of Spring. Winter has lasted somewhere close to forever here this year. Usually with a green cleanse, I only use water, but today, I went with Almond Milk. I also used plain non fat Greek Yogurt in this recipe. I am going outside the Box with this recipe. So unsure, but it TASTE Delicious. A bit of Orange Sherbet, but way healthier. This recipe is a keeper, and this is why I am sharing it with you.


Green creamy goodness

Spring Green Cleanse
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1/2 cup of Almond Milk
6 ounces of Greek Yogurt, plain
1 cup of Spinach
1 Green Apple, cored and chopped
1 Tangelo or Mineola, peeled and quartered
1 piece Fresh Ginger, size of fingernail
1/2 Avocado, peeled
Juice of 1 lemon
1-2 cup of Ice (optional)

Directions
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Drink up or place in the refrigerator and drink tomorrow. 


Very basic ingredients. 
The Almond Milk was not present for the picture


Rough chop and peels. 


This was a very simple healthy drink to throw together


The Vitamix was pretty full. 
I always mix everything first and then throw in the ice.


 This drink had a nice creamy texture. 
I think I will try to skip the Almond Milk next time and just use water


With both an Avocado and Yogurt, and all of the fruit, this drink is just delicious


I like my Lime Mint Drink, but this may be my new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment