Friday, August 17, 2012

Upside down

After the last two weekends of family parties, I am taking it easy this weekend. I have an easy catering event to work on Saturday during the day. Small picnic. Last weekend my youngest sister graduated with her MBA. Wow, she worked very hard and completed her program in one year. It was an enormous amount of work for her, but she did it. She is very smart person. Sometimes when I think about my sister, I remember her doing headstands in the velvet chair. We always got a kick out her being upside down


Why my Mother let us do gymnastics in the LIVING Room really surprises me now. The Velvet Chair was a very comphy chair. And the arm sleeves always need to be pulled up.

So for my sister's party, we had it at my Mom's house on her patio. An absolutely gorgeous evening with some great friends. Beautiful flowers.(another Sister did a Knock Off Decor for the Flower Containers-Will Post Pics Later)  Tasty appetizers, Mexican pork and make your own tacos for dinner. (Fun party food) Delicious Tiramisu and Cannolis for dessert. And I made three types of cookies. There was more than one cookie monster their that night. Chunky Chocolate Chips with Sea Salt, Peanut Butter with Peanuts and Cinnadoodles (prior post). There are no pictures of the cookies. Not even the trays. Sometimes, things just happen that way.

I will post the Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanuts another day. This was a new recipe and very delicious. I forgot how much I like Peanut Butter Cookies. So when life turns you upside down, grab a cookie, take a moment and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment