Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

Well so much for doing this post on Monday. After my super crazy weekend, and everything was a success, I am was VERY tired. Feeling pretty beat up. Since I had enough brains to use Monday for a vacation day, I got to do things that I never usually do. (at a Job)

In the morning I was doing laundry and cleaning house. I decided we need some bread. So I whipped up a batch of Banana Honey walnut bread. (see earlier post for recipe) Delicious as always, and I still had some energy.  So I made a batch of Pumpkin Bread. This bread is a super moist bread. It contains enough spices to give it so much flavor. I also like that it makes two loaves, so you always have one for yourself and one to give to someone special.


As much of a Spring - Summer person as I am, Fall always brings out so much baking for me. Maybe it is just warming up the house with bake goods. Trying the Pumpkin, the Apples and soon the Cranberries. There is actually more than "just Banana Bread." SO many more breads to look forward to..

Pumpkin Bread
adapted by ME

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup oil
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup crushed granola or crushed granola bars

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray two loaf pans. Set aside

In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside

In a large bowl of a stand mixer, bring together sugars, eggs, and oil until blended. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract until mixed well.

Gradually fold in dry ingredients into the wet. Blend, but do not overmix. Pour batter into two loaf pans. Sprinkle with granola on top if you like. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Insert toothpick, clean - good.

Let loaves cool and rests for 15 to 20 minutes. Invert on plates and let sit for an hour before cutting. Enjoy


A little cinnamon butter or cream cheese would make this just heavenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment