Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jasmine

HELLO readers. Where have I been. NO where. Probably in my kitchen baking cookies and bars. The weather this year is SO Different than last year. It rains all the time. There has been no lawn watering. Everything is lush and green.  Little bits of air conditioning because it is cool out. The drought from last year has been flooded away. I am getting more organized with my Sweets business. My website is Fabulous. If you have a moment, check out SweetsbyShayla.com. My friend Stephanie did such an amazing job. But the Blog has so taken a back seat. This was my outlet, to tell my stories and share new recipes. The only new thing for me, is that I like Fondant. I would not eat it, but it looks great on a cake. A creative way to make so many designs. Decorating can come in so many different forms. It is mind blowing.


This is a Deluxe Tray. Four different types of Cookies, A delicious mouth watering Brownie feature earlier this year, and Gourmet Rice Krispie Treats featured last year. Scroll through the blog. The Sugar cookies will be soon. They are wonderful. 


This is Jasmine. I have had this plant for three or four years. During the winter it comes in the house, and it weeps all over the floor. Leaves such a sticky mess. The leaves seem to always get a fungus on them. It is the first plant that goes out in May. Then it cleans it self up and starts to make these delicate blooms. I always wish it would bloom more than once a year. Jasmine smells wonderful. It smells like perfume. Because of the cool summer, we have had the windows open. I sometimes catch a lovely whiff blowing in. That is such a good thing.


A box of 24 cupcakes for a customer for their Fourth of July Party. They looked so patriotic. I really wanted to sit and eat cupcakes last night at 11:30. Really, I just wanted to go to bed who am I kidding on a Tuesday night. The Flags added such a nice touch to the cupcakes. Sprinkles are just FUN.

Tomorrow, we celebrate our nation's independence. I have a new cookie recipe to try out. It contains Cashew Butter. I am excited to try something new. Thank you for taking the time to read. Be safe on this Holiday and enjoy great food and fabulous friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment