Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Fall is here. And of course, in the Chicago land area, we are still holding on to late Summer. 80's again today and I am still sporting sandals to work. Maybe next Tuesday, October 1st, things will have to change. On Thursday, I went to a monthly biker party. They are ok, but I wanted to see a few friends I was missing. I brought this tray to the party. I really should have taken a picture at the end of night. Probably 3 cookies left on it. Gone, devoured, and greatly enjoyed by all, even some random strangers. That is the FUN of bike night.


beer, cookies and conversation...


Soft flavorful morsels of Fall flavors

I have been making this recipes for six years. I once had a neighbor lady that made these cookies. Things changed and we stopped being friends. She has since moved away. I am not a pumpkin fan, but these are very good cookies. The combination of flavors really enhance these cookies.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from former neighbor lady

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper. set aside

In a large mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, place butter and sugar until light and creamy. about 5 minutes. Add in pumpkin and vanilla, and mix. Add in egg and mix. Add in all dry ingredients and mix in. Hand mix in the mini chocolate chips.

Scoop on a sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Once baked, let rest in pan for 5 minutes. Very soft cookie. Move to a cooling rack. When storing, place between wax paper.

 
nice amount of batter. Very soft, but the do  not spread
 


I had so many people that were HUGELY surprised with the Flavors
 

No comments:

Post a Comment