Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chocolate Fluffernutter Bars

These bars are AMAZING.... I was scouring new recipes for something different. Like I do not have a zillion recipes. I have made them twice. Everyone just devoured them. They are moist, taste sinfully delicious and are quick to throw together. If you are a new baker and want something easy and guaranteed to impress, these are it.

Just to confuse you a bit, 
I divided my pan in half, and used two different chips. 
Both were Winners.
The second time I made these bars, I used Reese Chips and Peanuts.
Everyone liked them this way also. Be my guest and venture out, you may 
create another new flavor I have not thought about.

Chocolate Fluffernutter Bars
adapted mostly from picky-palate.com
Ingredients
1 box Yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
14 oz (whole can) sweetened condensed milk
12 oz bag of either semi sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped peanuts (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.

Place cake, egg and butter in a large bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
NOTE: The first time I made this, I did it by hand. WOW - what a lot of work. 
The second time I made this recipe, I did it in my stand mixer. WOW - NOT a lot of work. 
Press dough into prepared baking pan.

Place peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and condensed milk into a large bowl and mix until combined.
NOTE: I used the same bowl as the bottom dough. Ensured everything was out of pan. 
Pour over the crust and then top with chips and optional peanuts. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Edges will just start to seem brown.

Let cool completely and remove from pan and cut. They have a nice shelf life because they are so moist, but really they will be devoured and gone.


Simple starter ingredients

 

Mixed by hand. Press down just fine


Done in a mixer in a minute or so. Worked just fine also


Pressed into pan. The base for all the goodness to follow


Not pictured, but a third option, Peanut butter chips. Your choice


A nice full pan of heavenly deliciousness


Ready for cutting and eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment