Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Purple Cleanse

OMG .... I found a new color. NO way. Can it really be. I am such a dork. And I love it. Besides always eating spinach, I ventured out of the box. I purchased a package of Kale, Chou, Frisse. This working me into a kale world. I may or may not ever get completely there, but I am trying. During the week for lunch, I eat a salad almost every day. I mixed the Kale, Chou, Frisse mixture with the Spinach, very good. It has added more flavor naturally to my salad. People, add some spunk to your food. This is a simple no calorie way to add flavor without adding fat or sodium.

This drink has Acai in it. Acai is considered a super food. Loaded with fiber. I read today that Acai is NOT considered a weightloss. Disapponting, because I want everything to help me lose weight. Chocolate, cookies, potato chips.....That is the purple color. There is NO way this drink could stay green.


There is a slight hue of green, but it was purple.
I was at Sur la Table and purchased this cute tea towel. I am sure it will be in more photos.
The funny thing is, no dishes or hands will be dried with this towel.


Purple Cleanse
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1 cup of water
1 packet frozen Acai concentrate
1 green apple, chopped
1 fresh ginger, thumb nail piece
1 cup spinach
1 cup kale, Chou, Frisse
1 cup ICE
1 squirt Agave Nectar (optional)

Directions
Please all ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Blend for 1-2 minutes. The greens will take a bit longer than usual. Add the Agave Nectar if you would like it a bit sweeter.


If you are not on board with the Kale Blend, just use all spinach


The Acai came out of the freezer section at my Grocery store. 
There are 4 packets in this package. This was reasonably priced.
Each package is only 80 calories.
You can add it to water or a smoothie, to make any sort of drink


The Kale, Chou, Frisse blend is delicious. And not difficult to eat. 


This made two large drinks. 
I really enjoyed the flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment