Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cherry Almond Overnight Oats

I should start the blog with a "goodnight". When I am done making this delicious breakfast at 12:30 at night, I am going to bed. The ready to eat pictures are my "good morning." Overnight Oats are delicious and so freaking easy. Throw away, in fact, DO NOT even buy that sugary over processed oatmeal packets. They are only a teensy bit easier than overnight. BUT.............. overnight oats are a 1000 times better. They are still real. So if you have fallen off your wagon, and need to hop on, this breakfast or snack will totally fill you up. There are prior posts about overnight oats, they are so healthy and filling. You will stay full until lunch. No vending machine breaks.


Good morning KIDS. 
I just went for a 4 mile run and I am sweaty. 
Pictures of the start to a great day.
WELL.... I am going to my day job. OK good day.

Just a disclaimer: Overnight oats can be heated up. I like them cold, but I think if I needed something warm inside me, these would be perfect.

Cherry Almond Overnight Oats
adapted from thecrepesofwrath.com
Ingredients
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup or 1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon chai seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon Goji Berries

Directions
Layer in a glass, jar or container with lid.  mix together. cover and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, thoroughly stir, eat cold or warm up. Drizzle with honey if you want.


Just a few basic ingredients for something wonderful


Goji Berries are so good for you. 
They deserved a separate shot


Start by layering in all the ingredients


Once everything is added, stir well and put in the frig


Good  morning, you should really taste this.


This is how Oatmeal should be. 
This is not fattening, loaded with fiber and other goodness.
Let me know what you think. I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment