Saturday, January 17, 2015

Coconut Overnight Oatmeal


So... Here I am ... strolling along, eating my same overnight oatmeal day after day.  I am happy, because it is yummy and does what I need it to do... BUT, I found another recipe... I have listed different flavors of overnight oatmeal on my blog and so has the rest of the blog community, but this recipe looked delicious. So, I opened my pantry and my frig, I was missing 1 or 2 things.. SO behold, I made a new recipe. IF and only IF you like coconut, these overnight oats are just amazing. The whole time I ate them this morning, I smiled. The flavor of coconut made me think of a warm tropical day. (ON a COLD Freezing day in January in Illinois) It was like eating oatmeal and pudding all on one happy spoon. I am trying to eat healthier and oatmeal fills me up for hours. THROW AWAY the Packets. They are gross. Make it yourself. This breakfast was loaded with all kinds of goodness. Totally happy.


Good morning.
The Oatmeal was smooth,
The Chia seeds were plump
and the Coconut flavor was throughtout

Coconut Overnight Oatmeal
Adapted from ME
Ingredients
1 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Coconut or Almond Milk
1 5-6 ounce container Coconut Yogurt
1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
1/4 cup shredded Coconut

Directions
In a container or jar, place oatmeal, chia seeds, yogurt, milk and coconut in that order. Stir thoroughly. Sprinkle with a topping of coconut on top and place in refrigerator overnight. In the morning stir and eat up.


5 easy ingredients. 
A great start for any next day breakfast


Add in your ingredients
Chia seeds are loaded with Omega 3's. 
Oatmeal is a healthy Fiber
and Yogurt contains Protein


I just like the look of delicious fun. I am very lame


It is already thick. The spoon is sitting on top


Topped with some coconut.
If you did not want it so thick, do not add the yogurt.
It was a much more filling meal with it in it. YOU decide..

No comments:

Post a Comment