Friday, February 27, 2015

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

Well, it is the last working day in February. WOOT WOOT.. We had more snow on Wednesday and Thursday. It is also only 6 degrees today. Insane. I am wearing out my sweaters. I live in several layers of clothing...

If you were wondering, I still drink smoothies. I still look for smoothie recipes and I still LOVE my Vitamix. The best invention ever. Sometimes, I look back at all my posts from last year, Holy crazy girl. I still eat my overnight oats for breakfast, and eat my spinach salads for lunch. Smoothies are still fun. My Husband and I are on our yearly low carbohydrate diets. He is of course losing tons of weight and me.... pretty much nothing. That is why I did not give up my oats. They are so beneficial to me. He received P90x3 for Christmas. 30 minute workouts. It is condensed, but a power packed workout. I am mixing between P90x3, Piyo and Insanity. (I should really buy stock in Beachbody) I received a rowing machine for Christmas. Rowing is such a total body workout. I really love it. I also go to Crossfit twice a week. My core has leaned up and my muscles have developed more. It is a challenged. Yoga is still on my list. Once or twice a week..


This Blueberry Muffin smoothie is Delicious. My Husband and I were craving something sweet, but did not want to sabotage our hard work. This was so good. Blueberries are a super fruit and everything else is just the icing on the cake

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
adapted from Jewel grocery store recipes

Ingredients
1 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons Whole Oats
2 tablespoons Cashew Butter
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
ice

Directions
Add all ingredients into a high power blender and mix for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. Add ice if you want to. Pour into a glass and drink up...


Just simple ingredients you can have in your pantry


I had forgotten how absolutely fabulous Cashew Butter is.
I did have a spoonful. OMG... sinfully delicious


I was liking the beautiful blue ~~ almost purple color




No comments:

Post a Comment