Friday, October 5, 2012

Black Cherry

This weekend, I am SUPER busy. Two catering jobs and my First cookie job. I am supplying 260 cookies for a party on Sunday. Very excited. As I was making my dough for the cookies, my cat, Black Cherry was outside on the patio. When I was growing up, we lived out in the country. There were always cats around. Some stayed many years and some not so long. We never had house cats. My Mom did not float with that program. Both of my cats are house cats, but the farm girl in me brings them outside. I live on a busy street, so the cats are harnessed with long leashes. They will sit on the patio and watch the birds fly by. Occasionally they will try to chase a bunny. They are not that quick.

Black Cherry vs. a Praying Mantis

This was probably one of the funniest things I have every seen. A twelve pound cat playing with an ounces of an insect. I was laughing so hard, I could hardly hold my camera still. Especially when the Praying Mantis went into Karate Kid mode. That was hysterical.


The Praying Mantis would clamp on to the cat. He would just swing around, until the insect just flew off. Again, another funny site. But sadly in the end, between flung around and being batted with a paw, the twelve pound cat won out.

I guess what is important here, stop all the working and take a break. Sit with your husband or your kids. Enjoy a good laugh. Go outside and look at your flowers. Play with your pets. Just get out of the kitchen and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment