Saturday, October 20, 2012

Four and Ten Years Ago


Today's blog is a very mixed emotion blog. There are no food recipes today. Maybe later on.

Four years ago today, my Dad died in a sudden tragic accident. In a moment he was gone, and our lives changed forever. This is one of the reasons why I am writing this blog. To share my love for food and life


This is the blue shirt picture.

When he died we were looking for the right picture for his obituriary, and this picture was on my camera. Digital photos are sometimes never seen. And now that he is gone, some many people have this picture. My Dad always has a smile and a kind word. He always wave and stopped to talk. Even if for a minute. He almost always had somewhere to go. My Dad worked very hard his whole life. His success came from getting up every morning and "hitting it hard" and being grateful for his family. He loved my Mother so much and he was always proud of his Daughters. (well most of the time)

He was number 7 out of 10 children. He loved each one of his brothers and sisters. He family bond was very strong. He knew when most of his nieces and nephew were born. (what kind of car he had and how the weather was then) My Dad suffered a lot of tragedy early in life. But he did not complain. One of his most noted phrases was, " Stop complaining, there is always someone worse of than you." And usually he was right.



Ten years ago today, my Dad walked me down the aisle for the second time. We both felt that I had it right this time. I was marrying the person I belonged with and wanted to spend the rest of my life with. My Husband and I both had first marriages that were Wrong. I was so happy on that day ten years ago. And I am still happy today.

Four years ago, when I called my Husband to tell him my Dad had died. He could not believe it. My Dad was healthy and strong. He could not be gone, and yet he was. My Husband and my two brother-in-laws all lost a strong father figure. He was always the legend they had to live up to.

My Husband stepped up and had to support his once strong wife. The grief we all stuggled with was unbelieveable. We always just wanted check out and go to bed. As each day pasted, each month went by, and each anniversary clicked off, we went back to being Butch's daughters.

My Dad was a very charitable person. He gave of his time and his money. It brought him great happiness to help people who were struggling or in need. That is one strong trait that he passed on to his daughters, son-in-laws and grand children.

My Family likes good meals, great desserts and lots of conversation. Our lives have been centered around a kitchen table. Problems discussed, tears of joy and sadness have flowed over the years. I could tell you so many "Butchy" stories and even Husband stories. That is why I will continue with this blog.

As I close today, Smile freely. Give Hugs freely. Stop and Talk to someone. Help someone in need. And Just Love. That is what makes this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment