Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lemon Pound Cake

The other day, I had a large Sweets job. Wonderful. Everything tasted fantastic and looked great. The customer was very happy. SO.... the next day I tackled my kitchen. OMG. I had ran the dishwasher, so I emptied that, put away the clean dishes in the sink. Wash the rest of the dishes and totally cleaned my kitchen. Countertops, cabinet fronts and the floors. WOW.. The kitchen was clean and no one was making a mess in there. .... Well except for me. This pound cake recipe was just calling my name. MAKE Me Please. I am Delicious and you love pound cake... So I slightly mess up my kitchen. I did clean it all up after I was done. There needed to be proof for my Husband when he came home...

There are a million pound cake recipes out there. This was an easy recipe and worth it.


But this little hot gem, screamed MAKE ME. 
I am glad I did. YUMMY..

Lemon Pound Cake
slightly modified from afamilyfeast.com
Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 

Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. (I had a brain fart, and sifted into my wet ingredients) JUST MAKE SURE you Sift.

In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on a high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one until totally blended. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract to butter mixture until completely combined. Scrape down the sides.

On a low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients until well combined. Scrape down the sides again

Add in Lemon zest and Lemon juice until just combined.

Pour batter into prepared pan Bake for 60-65 minutes. Top should be golden brown. Check if done with a toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out until a wire rack to cool completely.


The Halloween decorations are out, a little kitty 
found this scary orange spider. 
She had loads of fun playing with it.


Fresh lemon zest, and soon, fresh lemon juice


Sifting the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients


A nice pan of batter. A perfect size for a pound cake


The new dishes in the sink
They never seem to end


Look at that lovely color of Golden Brown


I really need to get a hobby.


Look at that cake. 
Texture is perfect, Moist and delicious


I had to take a bite for the photo opportunity. 
ACTUALLY, I ate both of these pieces and another on. 


DAY time photography. There are several differences
between natural and evening light.

No comments:

Post a Comment