Friday, October 10, 2014

Magic Bar Cookies

WOW... Have you ever eating a Magic Cookie Bar? aka Dream Bars or Seven Layer Bars or Calorie Buster Bars. Well, in my life I have eaten many. Maybe even a half pan. That point where you may throw up but only wish you did.... Who am I kidding, I have eaten most of the ingredients first, made the bars, burned my mouth, since they were to hot. AND then eaten half of the pan.

I know there are people out there that would say, "they are just to Sweet," NOT ME. The combination of graham crackers, different chips, coconut, nuts and sweetened condensed milk. OMG. who died and let me go to Heaven.... The beauty of Magic Cookie Bars, if you were shy on ingredients of something, you could always punt, the absolutely beauty of a dump recipe. AGAIN, why people should bake.

So, one day last week, surfing the internet for MORE recipes, I came across this recipe. Magic Bar Cookies. Why could the world not be a better place without another cookie recipe of a bar. Life is good for the most part. THE only difference is that there is no sweetened condensed milk. But there is everything else. I really liked these cookies. AND I hope you make them and let me know what you think.


Don't these just look delightful. 
AND let me tell you, they are amazing
Morsels of Heavenly flavors all together

Magic Cookie Bars
gently modified from Ericasweettooth.com
also from Averie Cooks 
Ingredients
3/4 cup of butter, room temperature
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup roughly chopped graham crackers
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside

In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.

Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix very slowly until dry ingredients are just incorporated. BY HAND, add in Graham Crackers, both Chips, Coconut and Nuts (optional). Everything should be incorporated in. You may or may chill the dough.

I use my small cookie scoop, and place cookie on sheet about 2" apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until ever so lightly brown on the edges. When you remove them from the oven, use the back of a spatula and gently press down on each cookie. Allow cookies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool


These ingredients make for a flavorful cookie


You do not want to know how many of these I ate. 
I really wish I still had the metabolism of a teenager. 


EAT me Please.... this is why I keep my chips in the freezer


I added my ingredients first. Just a brain fart
Please mix the crackers, chips, coconut and nuts by hand


Pretty and perfect cookies ready to be baked


Just out of the oven and gently flattened


WHY are you photographing ME, just eat them..



No comments:

Post a Comment