Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

WOW... what a great weekend. Just enough sun and rain to make it perfect.  Celebrated one of my sister's birthday a little early on Saturday. Her actual birthday is September 6th. But in our family, all birthdays last about a week. We went out to dinner and had a great time. Reminiscent of the old days. So I brought treats. I came across this recipe in May, I have saved it, I knew I wanted to make, but just when. Saturday was it. It was raining and this was perfect. If you could ask for something more delicious, Cinnamon Roll Cake is it. Oh my... yummy. My family has always loved Cinnamon Rolls. Many good memories revolve around Cinnamon Rolls. My Aunt LaVonne made the best. My Mother made very good rolls. We always wanted to help her. She would let us add the cinnamon sugar. But the anticipation of tasting them, life was good, when you had Cinnamon rolls.

I do not make Cinnamon rolls, way to much work for me. This cake was right up my alley. All the goodness, without hours of work.


 This cake would be perfect with a cup of Coffee or Tea, a glass of Milk or just by itself. It was so easy to put together.

Cinnamon Roll Cake
adapted from Sixsistersstuff.com

Ingredients
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1  1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan, set aside
With a stand up mixer, add to the bowl, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined, slowly add in 4 tablspoons of melted butter. Mix. Pour batter into baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts until well combined.
Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoon and use a knife to marble/swirl together through the cake. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean in the center. The cake will be firm.
Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.


These lumps of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon are what make this cake sinfully delicious.


Swirling throughout the cake, incorporate all the great flavors

The gooey cinnamon with a cake and a glaze, Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment