Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Zucchini Bread

I have ventured into other breads. SHOCKING! Banana bread is not the only one!! This recipe has been in my family forever. My Mother has always made this bread. When it was cool day during the Summer and we had zucchini coming out our ears, she would make this bread. I have made this recipe for over twenty years and I usually never alter this recipe. Sometimes you may not have quite enough Maple Flavoring or Wheat Germ and you have to punt, but otherwise I always follow this recipe to a T.


For the Zucchini haters out there, this is such a flavorful bread. Earthy and moist. Great as a snack with a cup of tea or even better for breakfast. A great way to start a day

Zucchini Bread
Doris Moret ( my Mom)

Ingredients
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3 Tablespoons Maple extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 cups white flour
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a large 9x5 loaf pan.

In a bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs, oil, both sugars and maple extract. Beat until foamy and thick.

Stir in zucchini, wheat germ, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add nut if you want. Stir until all incorporated. Pour into loaf pan. Place in oven for one hour. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool. Once cool, invert and place on a plate. Cut and start eating. This bread also cuts very nice. Perfect for a luncheon or shower.


Mostly I just think of my Mom and smile.
She always liked easy recipes that come together quickly and taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment