Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Want to Marry You Cookies

Where have I been. Two weeks and no posts. Life has been crazy lately. Went on a long weekend to Wisconsin. We were one hour North of the Dells. My Husband and I stayed at our friends cottage out in the country. Quiet, Peaceful and Millions of Stars at night. We ate cheese curds and rode quads. I mostly just read. Sunned and read. Wonderful and Lazy.

Last weekend my husband went back to Wisconsin to bow hunt for Deers. No success. I hope this does not upset anyone out in cyber space. My Husband is a huge animal lover, but he is also a Hunter. He loves to sit in a tree stand and watch for Deers.

So since he was away all weekend, I did some baking. I can across this fabulous cookie recipe. It starts with the Brown Butter concept which I always like, then you add Oatmeal and Cinnamon, and some chips to put it over the top. I am still holding true, that if you let these cookies set, they will just grow with flavor. My Mother would think that three days to make cookies is absolutely ridiculous, but these were Amazing. I cooked the butter and then added the sugars, Put in frig. Next day, made the cookies, back in the frig. Sunday, baked cookies. Easy. Nothing was a huge project.


These cookies are just a melange of heavenly flavors. You could always make these cookies and not have them sit for two days. They would be very good. It is just amazing how much better they can taste with no extra work.

I Want to Marry You Cookies
slightly adapted from 2011 Cooking Channel LLC

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted and starts to turn brown. The butter will boil and foam. Continue to swirl. The aroma is a fragant nutty flavor. The brown bits will start to appear. Remove from heat. Pour butter into a container, add both sugars and mix. Place in refrigerator for one hour or overnight.

Bring butter and sugar mixture out, bring to room temperature and place in mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Add each egg, mixing after each one.  Add vanilla and mix. Add flour, oats, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Slowly mix together until just incorporated. Stir in chips until just blended throughout. Place in refrigerator for one hour or longer. Even overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with Silpat or Parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, place cookies on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine baked for 9 minutes. Just the right color. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for freshness. If they last that long.


I gave most of this batch away. Everyone wants to Marry Me..... My Husband thought they were just delicious.


and he always wants to be Married to me.. Well as long as I make cookies..

No comments:

Post a Comment