Thursday, March 27, 2014

Chocolate Waffles

On Tuesday, it was National Waffle Day.... No we did not have waffles. I had actually started a dinner of a Chili Soup with Sweet Potatoes in it. I could have punted and save it for Wednesday, but how often do I have dinner started..... RARELY..... The chili was very good. I really like the sweet potato in it.

SO.... on Wednesday, I made waffles for dinner. I know that in the past, I have featured a recipe for my sister's waffle/pancake recipe. Those are also quite delicious, but these chocolate waffles are just somewhat different. O my goodness. Delicious. And they could definitely be made into ice cream sandwiches with some sliced fruit and chocolate sauce on top. That would be out of this world. Breakfast for dinner, breakfast for dessert or just for breakfast. We had chocolate waffles, over easy eggs, turkey bacon and a fruit smoothie for dinner. My Husband said it was the best dinner of the week. He is really not a complicated eater and is totally spoiled. Was this a perfect low calorie dinner, NO, but is was not horrible. Moderation during the day, and a hard work out in the morning. All is good.


I did not have any whipped cream, or I would have thrown that on top.
The Smoothie was a fruit theme with Chocolate Almond milk.

Chocolate Waffles
adapted from several recipes
Ingredients
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, HEAPING
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk (I used Almond Milk)

Directions
Warm up waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, add melted butter and sugar. Mix together. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla extract. Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Start to mix gently, pour in the milk. Continue to mix until totally incorporated and few lumps appear. 
Pour into your waffle iron and cook until firm. I place the extra waffles in a low temperature (250 degree) oven while the other waffles cook. 
Eat up and enjoy with some good maple syrup and fruit.


Just a few basic ingredients


The batter will be thick. 
There are no pictures in the waffle iron. I forgot


Good to Target or Walmart, get an inexpensive waffle iron and MAKE your own Waffles
Forget -- Eggo waffles, those are not real. 
This was a complete meal that went together quickly. 
Your family will find it FUN to eat breakfast for dinner. 
LIVE OUTSIDE the BOX. 


No comments:

Post a Comment