Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Green Cleanse - 5

How many GREEN drinks are there???? And she was Afraid... Good Lord. I am drinking one of these everyday. I truly like how they taste, and the vitamin packed goodness I am ingesting. Not really sure if my face is glowing. With the harsh winter and it only being March, I am quite pale. In a few day, my Husband and I will be heading South to visit my Mom. There will be beach pictures posted. alcoholic beverages consumed, loads of fresh fish and seafood eaten, and not enough green cleanse smoothies drank. I will try, but when you are out of the normal element, things go to crap. 

We will also see my Florida sister. I really look forward to seeing her. It has been awhile. She has also been cleansing and eating better. It will be fun to compare drinks while we are sipping on "cocktails". There is also a song that will be sung also while we are down there..... toes in the water, a$$ in the sand.....

While surfing the internet lately, I have noticed several recipes using oranges. I wanted to try something before we went on Vacation. My Mom always goes to the farmers market and gets fresh oranges every week. She is big into juicing. Awesome source of Vitamin C. This recipe was delicious, but I figure fresh oranges will be the bomb. 

This is a quick easy recipe. I am still liking how fresh ginger tastes. It add that fresh punch to your recipe. 


 Which one is greener? 
There is NO crap or preservatives in this drink, all natural

Green Cleanse 5
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1 cup water
1 green apple, cored & chopped
1 orange, peeled, cut up
1- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1 lime, juiced
1 fresh ginger, nail size
ICE

Directions
Place all ingredients in a high power blender in the order listed. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. 


Just a few ingredients. The spinach was busy and did get in the original picture.


There is no fancy chopping. Keep it simple


That darn spinach. Was not ready to be Vitamix.


The greens and orange are coming together. 
A fantastic drink is starting to form


I am really glad I tried this drink with the orange.
Opening more doors people. Moving outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment