Monday, June 11, 2012

Beach Lemonade

Wow, sorry for the long delay between posts. Summers are always the best, but boy have I been busy.  Doing lots of fun stuff, but my cooking has been lacking. Even though we like quick throw together meals at my house, sometimes the creativity is really not there. It has also been exceptional warm here for the start of summer, so baking has been limited. My yard has already started to brown and is being water, because it is soooo dry here.

My husband, my sister and her girls and I decided to go to the beach yesterday. It was going to be in the 90's and we needed some sun and good conversation. Last week I came across this wonderful drink recipe from peaceloveguacamole.blogspot.com. It was PERFECT for the beach. The only thing extra I needed in my beach bag was two glasses.

This recipe can be modified so many different ways to suit your taste. The original recipe called for Watermelon Vodka, I used Absolut Raspberry instead. It was what I had at home. My sister told me at the beach that Stoli makes a Pineapple Vodka. Just think what you could do with that. We polished the Whole bottle of "Lemonade", and never moved off are chairs. It was Simply Delicious. I would recommend that you make it earlier in the day so that it can sit in the freezer for awhile. I feel it would taste even better as a slush.


Slighly Adapted from Peaceloveguacamole.blogspot.com

Ingredients
- Simply Pink Lemonade with Raspberry
- Strawberries or Raspberries
- Absolut Raspberry Vodka
- Grand Marinar
- Malibu Coconut Rum

Easy Prep.
Pour out One small glass of juice out of the container.  Next measure 1 cup of Vodka and pour into Lemonade bottle. Measure 1/3 Cup of Grand Marinar and pour into container. Measure 1/3 Cup of Malibu and pour into contrainer. Wash 4 or 5 Strawberries or handful of Raspberries. Cut up the Strawberries into small pieces and add to the bottle. Add cap and shake. Sample a taste, decide if you need any modifications. Place in the freezer and chill.



~BEACH LEMONADE~

No comments:

Post a Comment