Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chocolate Fabulous Smoothie

I am still working on my green cleanse smoothies. My skin is breaking out, but I feel I am ridding myself of toxins. I have lost two pounds, but that is a combination of many  factors. But the biggest surprise is that I like them. They always taste fresh.

This smoothie was part of a treat at lunch. A clean healthy drink treat. Is there anything wrong with that??? My Husband thought it tasted fantastic. He has totally gotten past the weird colors. They are NO reflection on what the drink will taste like.

If you have never tasted Chia seeds, I recommend them. They are loaded with benefits to healthy eating. They also thicken this smoothie. If you do not want to use Protein powder, that would just fine. Greek yogurt has protein in it. Using the unsweetened chocolate powder, really sent this drink to a new level. That I would not skip. If you did not have strawberries, I would use raspberries. I always seem to have more strawberries on hand.


This was one of my favorite smoothies.
Funny shade of green - brown

Chocolate Fabulous Smoothie
designed by ME
Ingredients

1 cup Almond Milk
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 scoop Chocolate Protein powder
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
10-15 Strawberries, tops cut off
1 cup fresh Spinach
4-6 Dates, pitted
ICE 


There are a lot of ingredients, but this smoothie tasted AMAZING

Directions
Place Almond Milk in the blender. Add Chia Seeds to Milk. Let sit for 5 minutes. (AT Least) Place the remaining ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. ADD Ice to make frozen.


This is a load of Strawberries. I wanted to finish my container.
It did give it a more intense flavor. Up to YOU on how many you add


A very full Vitamix. This smoothie made 3 drinks.
Perfect for my Husband the next day

There is Love in drinking healthy smoothies together
The Dates added a natural sweetness to this drink


I always love my bursting bubbles on top. 
This drink was thick, but not heavy.
It was perfect compliment to our salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment