Tuesday, February 18, 2014

GREEN Cleanse Smoothie


I finally did it. I went GREEN, and I loved it. Why do I procrastinate? This drink was fantastic. So full of flavors and goodness. My Husband thought it tasted "OK". He is still opting for a chocolate, nutty, fruity kind of drink. His drinks have also gotten healthier. It is funny how this had evolved in just a month in a half.  

Every year at the 15th of January, we start a major exercise - diet program. 1 month into the program, my Husband has lost 7 pounds. SHAYLA  - ZERO.  Down 2 pounds, Up 1 pound, Down 6 ounces, Up 1 pound. I have lost some inches, ("very Happy") but no weight. My flexibility has improved, and also my ability to jump higher and do more push ups. SO.... there are some changes that are working.

On Sunday, I found a couple of recipes for Green Cleanse. They were all almost the same. To the refrigerator I went. Pulled out my necessary ingredients and went from there. 


Do you see this beautiful color of GOODNESS


Smokey was my Supervisor. 
Actually she just wanted to look out the window and I was there in HER way

Green Cleanse Smoothie
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1-2 cups water
1 green apple, cored & cut into pieces
1 cucumber, peeled, cored & cut into pieces
1 lemon, juiced
1 stalk celery, cleaned, cut into chucks
1 piece fresh ginger, thumb nail size
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
2 handfuls fresh spinach

Directions 
Place all ingredients in the blender, in the order listed. Blend until smooth

ADD ICE if you want a frothier consistency.


I do not know why I thought this was so difficult. 
These are all basic items, I have in the frig.


Tart Green Apples and Fresh Ginger.
Both bursting with flavors


There was part of an apple slice missing. 
Someone wanted to taste the Apple


Fresh Spinach and Lemons. I was ready to make a salad


That is one full Vitamix


I am drinking one of these a day. I will try to drink two a day.
The nutritional benefits are HUGE. 
It will also clean the junk out of my body.



No comments:

Post a Comment