Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pina Colada Protein Smoothie

I SO went outside of the box..

This Protein Drink was delicious and so healthy for you. NO powders to fluff this up. Eliminate the crap people, lets move on and drink healthy. 

Chickpeas, or Garbanzo beans whatever you want to call them, they are loaded with protein and fiber. You will feel full for hours with feeling fat. I am so glad I stumbled upon this recipe. As with any smoothie recipe, modify to your liking. I like coconut and pineapples, you may not. use frozen berries, mangos, whatever is to your liking. With using the chick peas, this smoothie was thick. I also added Agave Nectar. (NOT photograph), I felt this recipe needed to be sweeter. Use Honey or Nothing. It is up to you. You can always add more milk to make this drink more liquidy. Up to YOU.


Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
The SNOW is finally gone. The flowers are just starting to bud. 
I am celebrating with a summer drink

Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
modified from thesmoothielover.com
Ingredients
1 cup Almond Milk
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup chick peas
1 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1-2 cups of ice
1-2 squirts of Agave Nectar (optional)

Directions
Add all ingredients into Vitamix or high power blender, and mix until smooth. Drink up


These are not complicated ingredients. 
The Chick peas are near the kidney beans or black beans in the grocery store


My Husband and I really enjoyed these smoothies.
HE had NO idea there were beans in his fruit smoothie. 
I am just making him Healthier.


No comments:

Post a Comment