Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Green Cleanse - 9

I have FOUND IT..... I know, I like my green cleanse drinks. I am this freaky creature of habit. But I did something a bit different. THIS is the flavor I have wanted. I may never post another Green Cleanse drink. RIGHT.... until next week.

As we all know, I am a recipe junkie. I hope that someday, when I die, they will pass out my recipes... wait that is what the Internet is for.. I have read lately, that people are saying that Agave Nectar is just sugar. Well, it is and it is not. I am not even going to get into this debate. Crap, I used to use Splenda. I still like some Truvia once in a great while. I cannot bail out on the Agave. We are friends and I have a large bottle to use up first. Using Dates to sweeten and thicken shake and drinks have been part of my repertory for a while. So, I decided to give it a whirl. Why not. I liked everything I was adding to the drink anyway.


A lovely green color with a nice thick foam on top
YUMMY

Green Cleanse - 9 
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1 cup water
1/2 -1 fresh lime, juiced
1-2 cup fresh spinach
1 green apple, cored
4-5 dates
ICE - optional

Directions
Place all ingredients in the blender in the listed order, and blend until smooth 2-3 minutes.
I placed mine in the refrigerator overnight for a good chill, but you could drink immediately.


The Dates are the magical fruit that blow this drink out of the water


I always talk about "in the order listed", better for the blender


Looks fabulous on my table
I revamped my Easter centerpiece


I drank this for my late morning drink. 
Just what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment