Friday, May 16, 2014

Tropical Green Smoothie

Happy Friday kids. It is a cold rainy day here. Some places nearby had snow flakes. It does not even feel close to May. Maybe March. It was SO nice last weekend and now it is UGLY. Under the comforter in bed kind of day. But, unfortunately, I have work to do and sides jobs to also work at. One of these days, I swear, I will have a nothing weekend. Nothing to do..... but then, I will find house jobs to do.... I am so lame. A shopping excursion or a beach day....

In the spirit of tropical drinks, I came up with this drink. I was scoping out the frig, looking for something different, and stuff that needed to be eaten. Went through my recipes and come up with a concept. My usual green drinks are light and cleansing. This drink is still a water base drink, (less calories) but it is thick. Fills you up without loading on the calories. Except for the 1/2 of Avocado, which really is not bad, this is a great drink to indulge in. Indulging in healthy drinks, REALLY, it is not like I am eating ice cream. Drink this every day if you want.


Pale green. Can you see how thick and delicious this drink is. 
OK, it is just delicious and yummy.


Tropical Green Smoothie
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup coconut 
1 frozen banana
4 dates, pitted
1/2 avocado, pitted
1 mango, pitted or 1/2-1 cup frozen 
1 squirt agave nectar
Ice if drinking immediately

Directions
Add water and coconut to your high power blender. Blend until smooth. (OR you can use coconut water) Add remaining ingredients in the order listed and blend for 2-3 minutes. Since my drink was going in the refrigerator overnight, I did not add ice. I would recommend if drinking immediately. 


If you wanted even more of a tropical feel, you could also add some fresh lime. 
This would give this drink a nice spin. None on hand, so maybe next time


Looks just like an avocado. 
Everything was so good in this drink. 
It took me a while to drink this drink. Slightly heavy, but not overwhelming.


SO, according to my phone, it is 40 degrees outside.
This drink is the closest thing to the tropics that I am getting.
I am going to buy some limes for more tropical drinks.
AND Hope for warmer weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment