Thursday, May 1, 2014

PIna Colada Oatmeal Smoothie

Last night as I was making a Green Cleanse for today, I was thinking about something different for breakfast. If you choose not to blend the crap out of it, it can be an overnight Oatmeal. I made a drink. Even though I make all these drinks, I still like easy. Long drinks are not my style. Taking an hour just to drink your breakfast is not my style.

This smoothie just jumped out at me. Probably because it has been raining all week. We are at unseasonable cold weather. Will it ever get warm. Today is May, I have flowers, but I am not buying anything until is warms up significantly. My Mother is suppose to come home from Florida this weekend. She is just going to go into shock. It will feel like the Artic Circle to her.

Pina Colada Oatmeal Smoothie
slightly from oatgasm.blogspot.com
Ingredients
1/2 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1/2 cup Pineapple chucks and juice
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 Banana
1 squirt Agave Nectar
3 tablespoons shredded coconut

Directions
The NIGHT BEFORE, Place milk and chia seeds in high power mixer. Let set for 5 minutes. Mix for a moment. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on high for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Place in glass or cup and cover. Place in the refrigerator overnight.

** If you want a more oatmeal feel to this, DO NOT place the oatmeal in the blender. Mix the rest of the ingredients, when done, add your oatmeal. Stir until completely mixed in. **

In the morning, you can eat or drink this cold or warm in microwave to desired temperature.


Breakfast at work this morning.
This is an awesome way to start my day


These are all easy ingredients that I have on hand


Sorry, the Chia Seeds did not make the main photo...


I had my milk and pineapple in the Vitamix, waiting for seeds


The seeds are IN. I stirred them in so that they could start to thicken


I should have used a larger to go mug. 
Another story of my life.

 Oatmeal Smoothie, Green Cleanse, Kombucha.
I will post a recipe for my tea. Next week, my second batch will be ready

Including a large cup of Tea, this is the start of my morning.
Have a great day. Tell me what you think of the Oatmeal.



No comments:

Post a Comment