Thursday, January 30, 2014

Almond Chia Smoothie

As we are coming near the end of the month, Smoothie nation has not let up. I still need to do the green cleanse drink. Plus, there are many other combinations I need to try. I have enjoyed writing again. Being busy, makes me realize what I really miss. Most of these blogs have been light, but whatever. It is January. After a wild and wicked Fall and Christmas season, I am good with January. I have still been busy, but not crazy. 

My cabinets were cleaned out and organized. If you have not opened or used a spice in 10 years, THROW it away. You probably never will. May have seemed wasteful, but I have not used them. I like opening my cabinets and not seeing a bunch of misplaced stuff. 

This Smoothie was also something different. I made Almond Butter cookies last year. (featured on 8-7-13). When I came across this recipe, I knew there was nothing I needed to buy. All materials on hand. I really like Chia seeds. They are SO healthy for you. Loaded with good things. I can from a tapioca family, so chia seeds are perfect. This would be great for a meal replacement or after workout drink. 

Almond Chia Smoothie
adapted from theironyou.com
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 tablespoon Almond Butter
1 med frozen Banana
1 scoop Vanilla or Plain Protein Powder

Directions
Place Almond Milk and chia seeds in a bowl, stir and let set for 10 minutes.
Pour Almond Milk and Chia seeds in the blender, add remaining ingredients in that order and blend.

ADD ICE if you want


My Chia seeds have been out more this month. 


The milk and chia seeds setting up.
Almond butter is STILL really good. If you are tired of Peanut butter,
give Almond Butter a whirl. It tastes SO good


Look at these gems, ready to go. This is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment