Thursday, January 9, 2014

Smoothie City

I got a Vitamix for Christmas... I also received many other wonderful Christmas presents, but the Vitamix is the BOMB. I am a smoothie making machine. I have also ground almonds up, and Oreo's also. My Husband had some dental work done, I pureed the Chicken Corn Chowder. A recipe that should be posted, but there were no pictures taken. This machine is an adult play toy.

I also received this mat from my sister for Christmas. It is soft and wonderful. My whole kitchen floor should be this soft. I would float around in a dream.... RIGHT...


This was a great combination. All of my favorites


Ugly Bananas. Frozen solid and perfect for a smoothie


Two large glasses filled to the top. But Just wait until you taste it.


This was a combination of chocolate, almonds and coconut. YUMMY!

Chocolate Almond, Coconut smoothie
all ME
Ingredients
1 6 oz container of Chobani Coconut yogurt
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk (with or with Coconut)
2 or 3 frozen bananas
1/4 cup of Almonds
1/4 cup of Shredded Coconut
2 good squirts of Chocolate Syrup

Directions
Put everything in your blender according to order, and mix until all blended together. Two very full glasses.


Smoothie two

I was not sure about all of these flavors, but I like them all.
This is an awesome combination. Go out on a limb people


 short two servings of unique flavors that I love


This smoothie is also DAIRY Free and PALEO and it tasted delicious, but to much ice

Banana Walnut Date Shake
adapted from meaningfuleats.com
Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup ice -- important
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup walnuts
4 dates
2 tablespoons flax seed meal

Directions
Place all ingredients in there order in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy

There are zillions of smoothie recipes. YOU do not have to have a Vitamix, a Ninja, Nutra Bullet or even a plain old blender will work. Just do not buy prepackaged smoothie. Fruits, Spinach and loads of other combinations solve your beverage wants. Happy drinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment