Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Smoothie -2

I am on a smoothie mission.  Loving them. My husband actually asked me how many combinations there were. I laughed, gajillions. Zillions, more than I will ever taste. One of my main concerns with smoothies, is that they are healthy. I am working on my annual January weight loss program. I am working it. I have not gone hard line yet, I am just trying to start to lose weight. Not digging how I am looking.

Smoothies are a way to get a sweet craving solved and not load up on unnecessary calories. These two smoothie recipes are different. The first one has Oreos and ricotta cheese, and the second one is with blueberries and pomegranates for energy. A slight sweet craving with protein. Both are very good. If you are taking the smoothie challenge, really just think about what you are putting into your smoothie. If you are loading up on calorie laden products, (syrups, ice cream, cookies, cakes, and others) you will NOT LOSE WEIGHT. Try to be fruit based, (fresh or frozen) Almond or Soy Milk or Skim Milk, and Low fat Yogurt. Also, flax seed is excellent in a smoothie. Use raw nuts. They have several benefits besides flavor. Just use them in moderation.


Skinny Oreo Protein Smoothie
adapted from honeyandfigskitchen.com
Ingredients
8 ounces of Part skim Ricotta Cheese
1 cup skim Milk or Almond Milk
4 Oreo cookies
1 squirt of Agave Nectar

Directions
Add ingredients into your blender in the order listed. BLEND until everything is smooth.

Chill if desired or just drink it.


There is also a shot of Agave Nectar, NOT pictured. (optional)


Can we all say OREOS....  yummy


Have I told everyone how much I love my Vitamix. 
My friend Mary is just AWESOME.
She puts the bling in glamour


Oreo Smoothie. OMG, this was SO good. 
I drank mind immediately, my Husbands chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours. 
Totally took care of a sweet tooth. Similar to a Blizzard without a 1000  more calories
If only I would not taste the Oreos first to make sure they were good.


OK, a truly healthy smoothie. This drink is LOADED with antioxidants and will give you a burst of energy. This smoothie would be great if you had a cold. I have made this one twice. Absolutely loved it. If you drank this before a workout or house cleaning, you would go forever and get everything done..

Blueberry - Pomegranate Smoothie
adapted by ME
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk
4 ounces of Fresh Pomegranates
1/2 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
1 squirt of Agave Nectar
4-5 ice cubes

Directions
Place all ingredients in the blender in the listed order. BLEND. 
The Pomegranates have small bits of seed. Blend until you do not hear anything, or
once blended, strain through a sieve. UP to YOU

Drink immediately


If you cannot find the Pom Poms, buy the juice in the Produce aisle. 
It will work also. All the benefits, and not the seeds


This is just an energy boosting treat. 


This is ONE full glass. It was so good.


The color was just amazing.
This will do the BODY GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. A zillion is right! Let's try all of them, shall we? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I like your blog. You have some great recipes. thanks for the comment

      Delete