Friday, November 16, 2012

Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies

Last night, I was working on my second bakery order for my friend Ursula. She wanted a loaf of the Banana Nutella Bread to take to friends for Thanksgiving. When you make the Nutella Banana bread, please make sure you swirl the Nutella with the Banana Bread dough. My first loaf had a big glob of filling in the middle of it. I had a bad feeling when I took it out of the oven. It tasted great, looked great but cut horrible. So I decided at eight o'clock at night to make a second loaf. It turned out perfect. But in between my two bread loaves, I made these lovely Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies. If you like Oatmeal Raisin cookies, then you should like these. A soft cookie packed with flavors in every bite.


The fresh cranberries, so tart, the fresh apples, just sweet enough and oatmeal. Hearty and Delicious.


This recipe makes a small batch of cookies. I made 28 small size cookies. The recipe stated that it would make 24 cookies. Perfect for quick cookie fix or company during this time of year or breakfast on the go.

Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Slightly adapted from jellytoastblog.com

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1stick) butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup of Oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh apples
zest of 1 orange

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpat or Parchment Paper. Set aside

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside

In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, mix. Add vanilla and orange zest and mix until incorporated.

With the mixer on low, gently add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just incorporated. Add oats and gently mix. Fold in chopped fruit with a spatula. Do not over mix.

Scoop dough with cookie scoop and place on lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges "JUST" start to turn brown. Allow to cool on the sheets for five minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cover and store at room temperature.


The mixing bowl is filled with fruit. I was worried that the cookies would spread, but they did not.


Can you see all the fruit. I am really glad I found this recipe.  
Yummy ~~ and as always, Husband approved

No comments:

Post a Comment