Monday, November 12, 2012

Marble Coffee Cake

I had a wonderful weekend. There were no parties, no catering, no where to go, nothing. Just Sunday Funday.... Different from other Sundays. It was also a NO Makeup Sunday!! And I got to stay home all day. It was truly a wonderful day. Some people may say this is 'boring" or "lame", but I enjoyed my self. I was also able to partake in an old family tradition, I took a nap. You have got to love life once in a while. Granted, I still did laundry and cleaned the house and those things do not change. My Husband also threw out his back on Saturday, so I was also a nurse, but somewhere along the line, I really enjoyed my day.


I can across this recipe, sitting in the Dentist's office last Thursday. Terrible tooth ache. I believe I cracked a filling. The Dentist was hinting at a Root Canal and Crown, but through some pleading (by ME) she inserted a medicated filling. I have to go back next week for the real silver filling. I really did not want to provide her with a Thanksgiving bonus.

Marble Coffee Cake. This recipe just sounded wonderful. I really like cake. Almost any cake. Just really good cake. The filling is a combination of Mini Chocolate Chips, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. Such a wonderful combination of flavors. A simple glaze on top to seal in all of these delicious tastes.

Marble Coffee Cake
slightly adapted by insidebrucrewlife.com

Ingredients
For the Cake
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

For the Filling
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

For the Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons water

Instructions
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray or butter a regular size bundt pan. Set aside
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add yogurt and vanilla. 
Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until all just incorporated.

Mix together filling ingredients. Spread half of the batter into your bundt pan. Sprinkle in one cup of the filling mix. Spread the rest of the batter into the bundt pan. Sprinkle with the rest of the filling mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Let cool in pan for 10-20 minutes. Invert onto a cake plate and cool.

Mix together the powdered sugar and water. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Let sit before slicing.


Spooning the filling onto the batter


I had debated about adding the glaze. I am glad I did. The glaze gave the cake such a nice color.

As I enjoyed my tea and ate my cake ~~ I was remained that Life is good, even on a Sunday in November.

P.S.
I brought a plate of cake to work today, my coworkers goobled it up. Coffee cake and coffee are a great way to start a work week.


No comments:

Post a Comment