Monday, November 5, 2012

Pop/Corn Puff Caramel Corn

What have I found. A hugely addicting snack. I could literally eat the whole pan. I really should not even make it. My whole family could eat it all. I bought a huge container of it to my sisters yesterday, and at the end of the night, there were only a few scraps left. I made a sandwich baggie for my Mom. Happy Birthday. We ate your treat. It was so freaking good.


Popcorn, Corn Puffs and some Peanuts ~ Wow Shayla ~ you are going out on a limb. This is amazing. AND Easy. It melts in your mouth. No wonder why I need to go to the Dentist. Sweet ~ Salty ~ Crunchy. Pure Heaven. The first time I had this, I was at a 40th birthday party for one of my neighbor ladies. Another neighbor lady made this. Pure delicious. So the next day, after the bottle of wine wore off, I was on Foodgawker.com. I needed to find the recipe for my new addiction.

Most recipes out there, just use the corn puffs. I of course had to modify the recipe. Make it better.

Add some pop corn, a cup of roasted peanuts, and you can go from there.

Pop-Corn Puff Caramel Corn

Ingredients

1 3 1/2 ounce bag of corn puffs
1 microwave bag of pop corn - popped
1 cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Line a large roasting pan or cookie sheet with tin foil. (you will be happy you did when you clean up.)
Place corn puffs, popcorn and peanuts in the large pan.
In a medium sauce pan, cook together butter, brown sugar, corn syrup for two full minutes, stirring constantly.
Add baking soda to the mixture. Mix thoroughly
This will cause the mixture to foam.
Pour caramel mixture over the puffs/popcorn/nut mixture. Continue mixing
Place pan in oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven ever 15 minutes and stir thoroughly. Place back in oven.
Once your 45 minutes is over, remove pan from oven and let cool.

Break up and eat.



This is why you need a large enough pan. The baking soda causes the sauce for foam up and change color



As you continue to stir and bake, all the corn gets covered in the syrup. Salty and Sweet all in one.

Can you taste it melting in your mouth??

No comments:

Post a Comment