Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Black Forest Smoothie

Yesterday, I was trolling through the internet looking for recipes. Why, I did not feel like working and besides I love new and exciting food items. I get so bored with the same old, same old. I could NEVER make the same 7 dinners every week. BORING. Monday night Meatloaf, week after week. yuck.

Dinner was still a bit haphazard, but it was good. Next month, I will post pictures about dinners. BUT since I am on smoothie nation, the smoothie I made was out of this world. Chocolate and Cherries, oh heaven. And four ingredients. Maybe that is why I love making smoothies. Quick, delicious and healthy. Oh course, some are more healthy than others. NO debating that.

Cherries are really good for you. They seem to be a second tier fruit. I am not sure if it is the pit or what, but they are really great tasting.

Black Forest Smoothie
adapted from motherthyme.com
Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1 5.3 oz cup of black cherry yogurt
1/2 cup frozen cherries
2 squirts of chocolate syrup

Directions
Combine ingredients in blender in the order of recipe. Blend until totally combined.

I added a handful of ice. Totally up to you.

2 full glass smoothies


4 simple ingredients you find in your grocery store. 
If you could not find Black Cherry Yogurt, Vanilla would work. 


The bright red of the cherries mixed with the chocolate syrup. 


Today was a fun glass for the picture. 
We actually drank them out of our regular glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment