Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Oatmeal Raisin Smoothie

If you are wondering, my Sweets business is a bit slow in January. WHY do people want to lose weight and not eat cookies and cakes.... Hmmm, wait.... that is me. ECK... I know, I know.... I do have a cupcake job for tonight. NOT complaining. So smoothie nation is still going strong. I bought all the ingredients for the Green Cleanse Smoothie, just have not tackled it yet. Instead, I made a cookie. Well not exactly. I love Cookies and everyone know that, but I am trying to not add to my winter weight. So I made this smoothie with Oatmeal and Raisins in it. WOW, it was so good and filling. I was not hungry for hours. Between the heartiness of the Oatmeal and the delicious sweetness of the raisins, I was satisfied. This is a hundred times better than a Special K Protein shake. Also no bottle to throw away.

Oatmeal Raisin Smoothie
adapted by bestcleanrecipes.com
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1/3 cup of oatmeal
1/4 cup of raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder

Directions
Place all ingredients in a blender in order and blend until smooth.


This smoothie is loaded with GOODNESS. 
So much better than an over processed, over priced Shake


I was shaking more than the Vitamix


I packaged these up in to-go glasses, and had them they next day.
Excellent, took care of my afternoon craving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment