Friday, January 31, 2014

Cranberry Oatmeal Smoothie

I got ALL of my fruit servings in ONE drink today. Four fruits in 1 drink. WOW. This smoothie was not a slammer, it was a long drink. It was a meal. I loved it. It was very filling but not heavy. DOES that make any sense???

In February, I am going to focus a bit more on more healthy and lower calorie smoothies. (Not that the Oreo smoothie was not amazing) As January has gone on, I have been shifting gears. I want to focus on cleanse and types of meal replacements. Cleaner eating.

I have also been working on different recipes. I am trying to regularly incorporate sweet potatoes into our diet. They are loaded with so many good things and NOT loaded in calories.(we are not putting butter on them) Just to keep this blog happy, I still have some new cookie and bar recipes. That whole deal has not gone out the window. Just like smoothies, there are tons of cookie recipes for me to sample....

Cranberry Oatmeal Smoothie
slightly adapted from somethewiser.com
Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1 frozen ripe banana
1 apple, cored and quartered
1/2 cup whole cranberries
4 tablespoons rolled oats
4-6 whole pitted dates
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or high powered blender in the order listed. Start slowly and increase power until smooth.

I let this smoothie sit overnight, you can drink immediately if you want.


Simple ingredients. 
The dates last a long time and add huge flavor to smoothies


These cranberries were from Christmas. 
There were one or two that were ugly, but they have a long shelf life


This delicious monster was AMAZING.
Forget the Fast Food Calorie Laden Nightmares, make your own.
This drink is not fattening.

No comments:

Post a Comment