Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chocolate Almond Smoothie

This is for my Husband. He is my taste tester. Yet allowed to comment, is not allowed to be critical. HUGE fine line. He usually crosses over, but most of the time he is right. He likes Green Cleanse, but wants more to his drink. He is a meat kind of guy. He is NOT on board with meatless Mondays. Good Lord.... I am working on it. He will eat his coucous and quinoa, but not meatless.

This smoothie is just about him, with a whole lot of Shayla involved. Not high in calories or fat and loaded with nutrients and proteins. It has a simple chocolate taste, with just the right flavors. This is pretty much my Husband. Not to fancy, but everything needs to look good together. I am his complicated fancy.


This was my glass. I had to make sure it was Perfect.

Chocolate Almond Smoothie
adapted by ME 
Ingredients
1 cup Almond Milk
1/2 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 frozen banana, peeled
1/2 Avocado
1/3 - 1/2 raw almonds
ICE

Directions
Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed above. Blend until smooth. Drink up


I used Chocolate Protein Powder. Vanilla would have worked,
but since I have both. Why Not.


Frozen bananas and Raw Almonds


This reminded me of a Chocolate Milkshake.
Look at the swirls in the glass. 
Tasted Yummy also.
Husband Approved

No comments:

Post a Comment