Friday, February 28, 2014

Cinnamon Butterscotch Cookies

I am capping off my healthy month with a cookie recipe. YEAHHHH.  They do exist. I have not gone completely off the deep end. I have still been baking, my Sweets business is moving along. I was very fortunate to be very busy the week of Valentine's day. By the end of the week, I was a dead girl. I was totally burnt toast.

As we all know, I still love my cookies. This cookie carries with it, a combination of two of my favorite flavors. Cinnamon and Butterscotch. The Cinnamon reminds me of Cinnadoodles and the Butterscotch of Blondies. This cookies throws them together for an absolute heaven.

Cinnamon Butterscotch Cookies
adapted from savynaturalista.com
Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter,  softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Cinnamon Chips
1 cup Butterscotch Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside

In a large bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars for 2-3 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix until incorporated. DO not over mix. Stir in cinnamon and butterscotch chips. The dough is very thick. It will take some muscle.

Scoop dough into cookie sheet and place in oven. Bake for 9-11 minutes. The edges should just be turning barely brown. Remove from oven, let cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack. EAT up.


And I wonder why I never lose any weight
I could really eat all of these.


Basic dough with loads of flavors
This shows you how thick this dough was.


Will you be my Valentine. .. that was SO 2 weeks ago.


Down in front. They were delicious on this tray.

DO not worry, I have created a new brownie cheesecake bar
and made some other new cookies. Do not fret.. Sweets still exist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment