Thursday, February 6, 2014

Key Lime Smoothie

Green, Green, Green. I am getting closer to that All Important Green Cleanse Smoothie. I really hope I am not disappointed. The hype is almost just killing me..... I really want to get to water based smoothies. Getting closer. I came across this recipe yesterday and just had to try it. There were some slight modifications to this recipe, but really it all boils down to doing and eating what you like.

***** NOTE: Corrections, my niece Grace likes Chocolate Mint more than Gina. *****
I am correct in saying today, that my niece Gina does like LIMES. Grace may also, but I know that Gina will not suffer from Scurvy any time soon.

As with a large population in the United States, we have had record snow falls and VERY cold weather this winter. I want HOT weather again. I want to feel the sun baking me. Today it is -3. It is SO crazy.


I am back on Weight Watchers. I need to lose about 10 pounds. It is so hard to maintain your weight. Six years ago, I lost 28 lbs. Some of the weight has found me and started clinging to my body. All my clothes are getting tight, and I am NOT buying larger pants. NO Way. So hard core focus. Trying to be cleaner and healthier. And it takes forever to lose. That is the crappy part. This drink was a Weight Watchers points plus of 3. Not bad at all.

We are eating Sweet Potatoes this year. NO butter or sour cream on these puppies. Just baking them in the oven and placing some sort of topping on them. I will start to post pictures soon. They are not pretty photos, but they are delicious and very good for you. Last night on my sweet potato, I went with a Mexican theme. Cooked some beef, onions, black beans, cilantro, limes and salsa. Placed over the meat over the potato and then some cheese. Just a dinner. But we skipped the shells and chips. Healthier. 

This smoothie was perfect with dinner. Filling, but light. And the lime just bursted throughout the drink. Left a clean taste in your mouth. Perfect for a cold winter evening.

Key Lime Smoothie
adapted from cookeatpaleo.com
Ingredients
1 cup Almond Milk
1/2 - 3/4 avocado
zest and juice of 2 limes
1 or 2 squirt Agave Nectar or honey
1 cup of ice

Directions
Add all ingredients in this order to your Vitamix or blender. Blend until smooth.


 Just a few ingredients. Quick and Easy


My Avocado needed to be eaten. Starting to get the uglies


My Microplane is new and sharp. Try not to go to far.


I was thinking I would not use the Agave. Tried a pretaste, it needed a small amount of sweetener
This is totally up to you. 


Thick and Smooth. Just a burst of Flavor


My Husband was surprised with the flavor. Bursting.
I told him we are not about boring foods with boring flavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment