Monday, February 10, 2014

Pear, Oatmeal, Ginger Smoothie

This smoothie was absolutely delicious. I love Ginger. To me, ginger is like Limes. Bursting with flavor.

As we were struggling with another cold snowy weekend, I was putting away my produce. I can across three very ripe pears. It made me very unhappy. One of my resolutions is to waste less food. I hate throwing away produce. A colossal waste of money. So, as I was loading up my frig, I remember that I have 1 or 2 smoothie recipes with pears in them. FOUND them.

This recipe is delightful. The combination of flavors just blows me away. This recipe made two smoothies and I could have drank both of them. GINGER...... hmmmm. The Husband said it was good...


NOT GREEN. 
NO. but still very good for you. 

Pear, Oatmeal, Ginger Smoothie
slightly adapted from Martha Stewart Living
Ingredients
1 cup Almond Milk
6 oz Greek Yogurt
2 or 3 Pears
1/4 cup Oatmeal
2 grams fresh Ginger (1 small piece)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 -3/4 ice cubes

Directions
Place all ingredients in a high power blender. Blend until smooth. This may take a minute or two with the oatmeal and ginger.


The Pears were ugly but mostly unbruised. 


I added 2 1/2 pears. The Pears added a great texture to the Smoothie


Soup for Lunch was good with me.
The Pear Smoothie with my Soup was excellent with ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment